Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Inquiry Learning 


 “Seeking the truth through Information or Knowledge that is done by questioning.”



Inquiry lessons are so vital to include in your lessons. These types of lessons are more meaningful for students and students are more likely to remember and retain information through this type of learning. Commonly, I feel most teachers still use direct instruction.  I do believe direct instruction is needed, but incorporating inquiry lessons in you classroom can really make a significant difference in your students’ learning. Inquiry allows students to independently explore and investigate different topics. Most of the time they are given the opportunity to work with their peers which in return I believe enhances their learning environment. In my opinion the most influential learning comes among your peers. When students collaborate with other peers they feel more comfortable and strive more in this type of learning instruction. 


No comments:

Post a Comment