Interviews Oh My!
In class Dr. Smirnova had us take part doing mock interviews. I would have to say overall this was a great experience. I was actually amazed to learn about the different types of questions I can face one day in a real interview. What I learned was I need to really prepare myself, remain confident in my replies, know what I am talking about, and really show how much I believe in my teaching philosophy statements.
Two of the questions I found enlightening was the color questions Angela and Claudine asked. Shocked at first by the questions and unsure how to respond, I quickly realized color feelings or color settings is something I never thought about when it came to a classroom. This was a question I was unsure how to answer and I wasn't sure if it had a right answer. The one question I found difficult was the question Claudine had on direct instruction. I can’t remember the exact wording of the question, but I remember it was a question I couldn’t provide Claudine with an answer to at all. Overall the questions were very creative and enlightening. Some of the questions were questions I never imagined ever being asked. This was a very valuable experience. It taught me to be prepared for anything, and most importantly even if I am unsure about a question I must remember whatever answer I reply with I must remain confident!
The role play we participated in class is excellent for teachers to use in social studies. Teachers can use this as an activity for students to work among each other, and ask questions to check for understanding in an interview form. This is a great way to use this activity, since it reinforces students to realize what they actually know and what they don’t know.




No comments:
Post a Comment